Thursday, July 16, 2009

On a lighter note...


I realize my last few posts have been a bit emotionally intense and quite lengthy. Welcome to my thought process as of late...

So I will shift to the other aspect of my thoughts: Scattered and Random.



First, CONGRATS to GARRETT for passing yet another set of boards!!!! Wooohooo! And for doing so in a manner that allowed him to spend time with his new little girl and her needy momma. Between Dental school and Medical school, that guy has seen his fair share of board exams; we are glad to have another out of the way.



According to her onesie, Caris says teeth are overrated. I think Garrett's profession would disagree. The picture is of Caris at her first trip to the dentist (she did not actually see the dentist, just went with her parents).



Second, a glimpse into Caris' new favorite activity. As mentioned previously, Caris continues her love of music. We typically have nightly family jam sessions and she has even begun to 'dance' a little by mimicking our movements. She also loves looking at the bright colors and lights on our new computer screen. Enter favorite activity: a combo of music and lights. I guess there is an option to select like a screen saver that comes up when you play music; it's a light that moves with the beat to the music and changes colors. Very bright colors against a black background. Caris follows the light around so intently! It's actually pretty amazing to watch. She is tracking great and is able to keep up with the fast movement of the light. So lights + movement + music = a happy Caris. It is pretty cute. I tried to get a video, we shall see if it works. (click on the link)

Third, I have so many activities and photos of things we have done this summer that I can't keep things updated. I'll try harder. Or interdisperse them at random.
And ending with a recent picture of Caris. She loves swimming!


giving a 'shout out' to my pops for passing those BOARDS!!


3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Whoa, your hubs was a dentist and then went to med school! What a smarty pants!

Anonymous said...

I love the chubby legs!

Sarah said...

Congrats! Houston, get ready for "The Dude,DDS,MD"

Tony