Monday, July 27, 2009

An answer to an age old question...

Warning: Do not proceed if you find discussion of medical issues disturbing.


I feel as if 'Friends' episodes are very applicable to our daily lives. This particular situation is no exception. For your viewing pleasure and a humorous glimpse into my otherwise unpleasant and unusual medical issues, click on the link below (I can't figure out how to embed a you tube video, sorry.)


So, which one was I this weekend? Phoebe or Joey?

Side note: Don't you just love Friends? I watched several seasons while I was home this summer and was reminded just how great it was. Although I found myself relating too many situations back to the episodes. Minor side effect.

Okay, back to the topic at hand.


Let me give you a hint. Phoebe and I had much in common about 3 months ago. Joey and I had much in common 2 days ago.


I have heard the question posed in the past - which is the more painful of the two medical predicaments? Many times men use this comparison when arguing for the equality of pain experience.


I have experienced what Joey went through several times (including the week before my wedding) and although I have only shared Phoebe's experience once (with no pain medicine until the last 20 minutes, I might add) I think I can answer this question quite accurately, unfortunately. Especially since they have occurred in close proximity to one another. I also had a 'Joey' issue when I was 37 weeks pregnant. That was really fun.


So here is my answer. Yes, I am definitely going with childbirth as the more painful option. The pain is much, much more intense. But this weekend's little expereince definately did resemble that pain..... Although with labor you do get intermittent breaks (even though they are only like 30 seconds long).......there is also the issues of recovery that is MUCH more painful. At least with labor you get to take home a sweet little newborn :)


Sorry, gentleman. I am going to go ahead and conclude that you cannot experience the same pain as women do. At least in this department.


Of course this is only my humble opinion.

2 comments:

lindsey said...

awe poor CJB--

but great insight!

you are so funny--i'm sorry i'm finding humor out of your pain, but the way you put things make it so funny-

love ya

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Hope you're feeling better! Women, once again, are the victors.