Wednesday, July 1, 2009

4 years!!

Today marked our 4th year of marriage. It was quite a fitting day, really. I had to go to the dentist and Garrett was on-call; that seems to sum up our lives quite nicely I think. G being on -call for our anniversary has kind of become a tradition 'round these parts. His very first day taking call as an intern was our 2nd anniversary and the tradition continued for the subsequent celebrations. These year seems especially special as we are able to celebrate with our sweet little girl. Hard to believe 4 years ago at about this time we were enjoying the last moments of our amazing wedding day. What a special day to look back on. I am so thankful for our marriage; it is a partnership I am proud to be in and truly surpasses what I expected when I became a young new wife. So much has changed and our journey has taken a few different turns than I anticipated, but I am glad to be traveling on it with my best friend who supports, encourages, enlightens, and makes me laugh (and laughs at me) every step of the way.


where it all began....the proposal....

engagement pic

our first anniversary

I can't wait to see where the next 4 years takes us! Just think, Garrett will finally be done with all his school/residency/etc. in this span of time. I am so thankful for all we have experienced and proud to celebrate this day as ours.

3 comments:

lindsey said...

Happy Anniversary G & C!
Love you guys~ can't believe it's been 4 years.
I will always remember your special day

Anonymous said...

I feel like you left out a very important element of your 4th anniversary celebration

C and G said...

Matt - you are correct.
Addendum: caris met a prospective father-in-law, she's putting in her bid for competition.