Friday, July 24, 2009

a week in pictures... ( iphone style..)




HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!








It has been a busy, exhausting, and wonderful week in the B household.


G has been busy at work and on-call, I have been busy at work and home (and exhausted), and we have had fun-filled evenings with JJ and Susie visiting.




My mom has been keeping Caris for us this week and has sent me hourly pics of their day, so here we go!




Congratulations!!! is in order for our good friends Matt and Kelley who welcomed their handsome little man, Brooks Matthew, into the world. We are thrilled for the new family and can't wait to introduce Caris to Brooks!

Seeing such a teeny little baby brought back all the sweet memories of a newborn Caris. As chaotic and sleep deprived as those first few days were, I miss them. We have a big girl on our hands these days, full of personality. I can't believe how much she has grown! Hard to believe our little one who was 5lbs 8oz when we got her home now weighs 14lbs 7oz!! And no telling how long she is now... (she had grown 5 inches at the 2 month mark!)

Our 'big woman' (SYTYCD anyone?) had her official 3 month birthday on Monday.... and I have yet to put up a post to mark the occasion. With all the activity in our household, her photo shoot is still pending. Hopefully I can get it done before her 4 month!






She celebrated the 3 month mark with a daddy/daughter day. G had the day off so he kept Caris for the day. These two were up to no good I'm sure! I can already tell I am going to have my hands full with this paring in years to come. There is not telling what they will do. Between their inquisitive nature and G's initiative, when Caris suggests she wants a playhouse, it will probably be designed, built, and furnished, by weeks end......complete with many other fulfillments of a little girl's whimsy.

(Pic on right of G & little C's adventure. Daddy dressed me so cute....)

This week also marked my second of working and it has been a bit rough. For some reason my sweet little sleeper who was sleeping until about 5 or 6 decided she would revert back to first month of life and was waking up at 11, 1, 4, and 7! And not only was she waking up, but she stayed up.... It was completely exhausting and it was all I could do just to make it through the work day semi-functioning. I am happy to say she is back on track and last night slept until 5! An answered prayer, let me tell you.





I will say that now that Caris occupies my evenings, the week goes by so much faster. But I have never looked forward to 5:00 (which looks more like 4:30 these days...) or to Fridays more in my life. I absolutely cannot wait to get home ans spend time with my little one. In the same line, I also really look forward to waking up in the mornings (even if it is at 4:00 a.m.) because sweet little Caris is so happy and no matter how tired I am, I love every second of it.


And thus ends our week review. Courtesy of our iphones.

3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

She's beautiful! I had the same experience visiting a newborn in the hospital..I wanted to do it again!

C and G said...

Thank you! Ya, I put her newborn clothes up today, sad. I couldn't believe how small they looked!

C and G said...

Thank you! Ya, I put her newborn clothes up today, sad. I couldn't believe how small they looked!