Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Why can I not wait for Caris to arrive?

DISCLAIMER: This is Garrett speaking - All forthcoming statements are my opinions and my opinions only. They should not be viewed as representing the opinions of the To B.... blog, Camille, Caris or the Blundell household at large. Read at your own risk...

(don't worry, I sought and received clearance for a post from the editor-in-chief - that is as long as I included the above disclaimer. I guess she thinks I am a radical, fringe sort of writer or something:)

The following post may not be in line with the Blog's intentions but it branched off of another post that I was putting together and so I include it here. Camille warned me about my posts becoming novelesque. So, with that editorial advice in mind, I split this off as its own, somewhat random post.

The reasons that I cannot wait for Caris to arrive are truly endless but these are some that really make me excited:

- I cannot wait to hold her in my arms and just "jam out" with her for hours. Her Ipod is ready for "game time" at a moments notice! She is going to love it as much as myself - I just have a feeling! Her little ears, neurons and mind are going to eat it up! She may not have the physical strength to dance for awhile but her mind will be dancing without a doubt.

- I cannot wait to wiggle her mini-fingers and mini-toes between my "Goliaths".

- I cannot wait to read her eyes and feel her little eyes read mine.

- I cannot wait to kiss her little "Camille" nose.

- I cannot wait to feel the breath of her life against my cheek.

- I cannot wait to experience the raw life that she will radiate.

- I cannot wait to watch the little gears turn in her noggin when her eyes engage her SWEET art cards.

- I cannot wait to see her mother in her. I cannot wait to see myself in her. I cannot wait to see our Creator in her.

- I cannot wait to share in her innocence and naivety while being mentored by her lack of prejudices. I envision her purity as being endlessly refreshing.


- I cannot wait to mooch off of the simplicity that she will embody - the simplicity of a life that, for a while at least, will remain free from the societal convolutions and perversions of a fallen humanity.


- I cannot wait to soak-up the spirit of contented peace that is encountered when vulnerability is cared for and sheltered.


I guess it still became somewhat of a novel....


Cheers to you, Caris!


Safe travels....


Garrett


3 comments:

lindsey said...

this blog is the sweetest thing i have ever read. Dr. G, what a beautiful piece, what a treat to have the opportunity to read.
This is one blessed little girl, she could not have better parents. Thank you Camille and Garrett for sharing this special time. Love you both.
ps. the disclaimer is hysterical!!

Anonymous said...

Dr. Money,
Great post brother! Novels are ok, as long as they are good, and this one was good.

Your words are getting me excited to meet both Caris and Baby H!

Tell me more about the art cards.

tarawhite said...

Everytime I read this blog I well up with tears, this time my tears were released! What a lucky girl to have such a loving father, no greater gift can be bestowed on a young lady than the love of a Father (I speak from the experience :)) I echo you, "cheers to Caris" and "safe travels"

tj