Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Linking you to the Bayou City....

Weekends in the Blundell household have been fully filled affairs in recent months. We are typically traveling to various destinations to celebrate one of our families many life events. Last week's trip to my doctor resulted in a prohibition of travel this past weekend as baby has evidently made some early progress.


How my suitcase has remained for the past 2 months....embarrassing? yes. but reality....

With travels halted, we missed out on my sister Tara's wonderful Albany pre-wedding reception party. My parents hosted a local event so those who couldn't travel to Sonoma for the wedding could celebrate with the Bobby and Tara. We hated to miss it! They all worked so hard and a lot of friends and family were able to attend. From what I hear, it turned out to be a great event.




My sisters attempted to make me feel included in the 'getting ready' process by sending me pictures of the bride; always a fun time for the Jones girls. Tara looks so BEAUTIFUL!! She's going to be a gorgeous bride. I hated to miss out!

So, instead of traveling, we filled our weekend with several Houston events. Saturday morning we attended the 4th Annual SCOPE Run . This event promotes awareness for Colorectal Cancer; March was colorectal awareness month, so although I am a day behind, check out the website and this video and be informed! I am the chair person for the Kid's 1K and entertainment, so I coerced Garrett into helping me coordinate the event that morning. When we arrived at 5:00 a.m., it was 32 degrees and didn't warm up until 10:00!! It was so cold, the kid's couldn't even participate in all the games we had arranged. Other than then the temperamental Houston weather, the event was a great success. We had a record number of participants and the kid's were entertained by a clown, puppet show, carnival games, arts and crafts, police officers fingerprinting, and a SUPER Colon!! A fun, but tiring, morning.




Continuing with the theme of weather, Sunday was one of those rare afternoons where all was right with the weather in Houston. A perfectly clear, warm, and non-humid day where the sun and breeze both made their presence known. We don't get too many of those around here! So to take full advantage of the day, Marci and I conspired to (coerce? include? bribe? force?) our respective spouses to join us at the Bayou City Art Festival. Although the traffic/shuttles/ crowds were initially a little more than we anticipated, we had a GREAT afternoon enjoying the local scene, checking out some great art, and visiting with one of our favorite couples, the Lane's! In the end, I think Garrett and Tyler enjoyed the art booths more than their wives did :) Garrett became obsessed with this :








The amazing wooden music boxes that G obsessed over....evidently Ben Harper plays one these drums. Subsequently, G and I have a renewed appreciation for this song/video....enjoy!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRm8PfrsCs8


What a great weekend in the Bayou City!!

No comments: