Monday, April 27, 2009

One week old!

Sweet Caris is one week old today. It's been a crazy beautiful week! I can't believe all that has happened over the course of just 7 short days. Our little girls has been an absolute joy and we have enjoyed every second of our time with her.

What we've been up to....

- Made my grand entrance into the world!
- Had an adventurous trip home from the hospital.
- Explored my new world and home
- Took my first bath
-Had my first trip to the doctor
- Tried on some new clothes
- Helped my grandma machita plant some flowers
- Went for my first walk
- Loved checking out my new toys: I especially love my lambie swing and pack-n-play bed
- Had lots of dirty diapers!
- Learning how to eat
- Teaching my parents how to take care of me
- Loving having family and friends come to visit!

We are completely in awe of how precious this little one is. It is truly amazing to witness such a miracle and we are so grateful for this blessing God has given us. Garrett and I feel so privileged to be allowed to be parents to this beautiful baby. Our lives are truly enriched and I have felt such a sense of purpose and love as I care for our little child. I have treasured each moment of this first week in our new lives.














Through the exhaustion and trying to figure out just how we are supposed to care for a newborn, we have experienced true and pure joy. Caris is an alert little girl and is already engaging with her deep blue eyes; I love when she focuses in on us and her surroundings. She is also quite strong, she pulls and holds up her little head and is rolling onto her side.....makes me a nervous wreck! She loves to snuggle on momma and daddy's chest and is such a content little baby. I can't wait to see what God has in store for this new little life! Happy One Week little Caris!!!


No comments: