Clothing: Is becoming a challenge. I am getting pretty creative in that department.... Each morning I take on the quest of discovering which articles of clothing still fit and which can be manipulated in some manner to do fulfill their intended purpose. My greatest assets in successfully meeting my daily challenge: - the Belly Band - which has allowed me to continue wearing most of my pants and greatly expanded my wardrobe, it has been a lifesaver! -Noppies -which are by far the best maternity pants I have found - versatile, comfortable, washable, and no need to iron, all my favorite qualities!
Leg Cramps: Intensified!! YIKES! Overall, I have been very blessed in the pregnancy symptom department; I really can't complain at all. However, the one consistent and earliest symptom I have had are these crazy feet/calf/leg cramps. These are not your run-of-the-mill feet cramps either. These suckers feel like they go straight to the bone and last for 30 minutes! I regularly wake up in the middle of the night screaming in pain, literally, it is bizarre. And there is no amount of stretching or massaging that can help. Last night, I had the worst foot cramp yet. I had to resort to a hot bath just to get some relief.....but they came back....on my drive to work...which is complicated.
Sleep: Has become an elusive commodity. I spend my nights searching for a comfortable position and waking every few hours with a new pain. Two king size pillow and a heating wrap have become essential in creating a sleeping 'pod' that provides some relief. God's way of preparing me for the next few months :)
Losing the proverbial "IT": I am becoming increasingly random and wandering in my thoughts and actions. Although some may argue this is not pregnancy related. And I will wholeheartedly agree...but this is getting worse. can you imagine? bad news. poor Garrett!
For example, this morning for breakfast I had this:

Not separately, which would be perfectly acceptable breakfast fare. I actually used chocolate soymilk as the medium in my cheerios. Honey Nuts have been my staple food of choice these days, so when I poured my bowl this morning and shortly thereafter discovered there was no more milk in the fridge....I had to do something. It was interesting; not all bad, but not all good. Kind of like a dessert I vaguely recall having before... Hey, it was either that or cranberry juice.An update from the previous post: My commute to work has seen a dramatic decrease in time rendered in the car. We are down to 10 minutes, and that is record time for morning traffic! Spring Break is a gift that keeps on giving....even when you don't have one yourself. I am now officially embarrassed and reprimanded about my complaints.
And this post is officially proof of point number 3. Random. We have had quite a busy few weekends and once I get pictures, I hope to give an update on the recent events, nursery, etc.....the goal of which is to transition Random to Purposeful.



1 comment:
Oh sick! Honey Nut cheerios with chocolate soy milk??? That is hysterical!
Post a Comment