Monday, March 23, 2009

Grateful

Gratitude has been the prevelant emotion in our lives lately. We have truly been overwhelmed and humbled by the generosity of our family and friends as we prepare to welcome baby Caris into our lives.

Although the thank you's are endless, the weekends events epitomize all that we have been given. I have fabulous women in my life that support me in so many realms.


4 girls! Tara, Camille, Caris, and Shelby

My two amazing sisters, Tara and Shelby, and my aunt Mary hosted a baby shower in Houston. It was a perfect afternoon! I think it just might have been the most fun I have ever had at a shower. These girls are awesome!! It was really touching to have so many of my friends and family in one place to celebrate such an exciting life event.


Put on your smiling face....with Machita and Marita...they worked so hard on the party!

The weather was absolutely beautiful and it was great to be able to spend time outside enjoying the day. We also had an appearance by the Crepe Man! I love crepes.

One of the favorite afternoon activities was brought by Grammy Jane. She put together such cute fabric and adorable little bird and flower patterns for everyone to create their own quilt square which she is going to put together for Caris. Crafty Aunt Alli had completed her square, and it looks adorable (of course) so I can't wait to see the final product. Everyone had sooo much fun creating their square and they turned out great! We had a really creative group. I'll have to put pictures up when I get them!!

So many important people in my life made a special effort to make it there; I can't even express how much it meant to me to have everyone there in one place to celebrate with us. People from every aspect of my life were present: my mother (a.k.a. grandma Machita), Grammy Jane Blundell, my sisters, sisters-in-laws -Alli and Natalie, (Caris has the best Aunties ever who are already spoiling her rotten!), my grandmother made the trip down to represent three generations, my Houston aunts and cousins, Garrett's aunts and freinds from Texas City, friends I grew up with (the Tidwell sisters!), Baylor friends who mean so much to me, and my great work friends. My sweet Dad was present in theory as he sent flowers for his girls: pink roses for his daughter and a beautiful plant for the new life in the making. Garrett and Uncle Jordan also made an appearance - they couldn't miss out on crepes! Somehow I didn't end up with pictures of everyone, (my camera died -which was a bummer - so if you have any I'd love to have copies!) but here's a small sampling of the lovely ladies in attendance..

Katie (baby Dillard will be arriving any day!), Miriam, Stacy - great friends from work (missing Jeannette??)
Baylor girls - Marci and Martha!! Sweet Martha made the trip from San Antonio just to come to the shower, she is right in the middle of her surgery rotation and made a big effort to come down to Houston. It meant so much to me to have her there!

Everyone was so generous, Caris is a lucky girl! Our house is quickly transforming to a place for a little baby. We are somewhat failingly attempting to create space for all her new supplies. I'll have to put up some pictures of her new goodies, they are all too cute!

My favorite people, great weather, and crepes? Amazing!

A perfect afternoon and what a special time to celebrate Caris. We loved every second.


Grateful.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Camille! I am catching up on your fabulous blog. Your writing is great and I'm glad that we will have the opportunity to stay in touch via the blogworld. I am so happy for you guys. Parents to be. It changes everything. You two will be great parents and little Caris blessed to have you both. Keep posting!!!! Can't wait to meet little Caris.