Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spring Break!!...???

Our eternal student Dr. G is officially on Spring Break at age 28! Woohoo! Spring Break! No parents!

G just finished another round of tests and we are so excited to have him back from the land of study mode; not our favorite... Recall how your college place looked during finals? That's how our house has been the past few weeks. Papers, snacks, and dishes! The way Garrett's residency is set-up, he attends 2 years of medical school to get his M.D. It has been a bit of an adjustment transitioning back to school mode, but study master G has done great (as usual). Only a few more to go!

Garrett is seriously one of the hardest working people I know and deserves a break. I mean really, anyone who attends 10 years of school post college? Enjoy SP '09 G!!

The week started out perfectly. Sweet Garrett came home from a week of not sleeping and studying all night and spent his afternoon preparing to take his ladies on a date night :) We had a great dinner out preceeded by the receipt of one the the greatest letters I have ever read.We were able to spend time talking about our vision and goals for our new little family. Truly one of my favorite evenings in a long time!

Out on the town.....soon we will need a babysitter to do these things!
However, in accordance with his hard working style, when G is left with a little free time, there is no telling what will happen. He always finds a new project or hobby and has it mastered within a few short hours. An entire week unsupervised??? There is no telling what he will come up with!

Garrett's latest projects just over the past few months have included (just to name a few): spending hours traversing our attic space to add ventilation to our bathrooms, building a new patio, learning how to refinish furniture, mastering several new piano songs, endlessly researching all things political and financial, becoming a master chef, and building closet shelves. I truly never know what I will find when I come home! Garrett will research and learn how to do anything and always does it on an expert level.

Garrett becoming a master chef....will we be having lobster for dinner this week?

Predictions for this weeks endeavors? Only time will tell..... I have a wish list for him which includes building a changing table for Caris. We are hoping to make some good headway this weekend on her nursery and the house.

But who knows......I could come home to find the likes of this.....

We love you Garrett and are so proud of your hard work! Enjoy your week off!

No comments: