Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Solution

I realized after yesterday's post that I did, in fact, have a solution.



Two, actually.


But mainly one. Such a good solution that I did in fact marry him.


My husband is a great compliment to me in this area. He's the one who carries out my projects and operationalizes our goals. He is truly one of those people who if you give a task, he will not only complete but master. In no time at all. He's good at everything he tries and isn't afraid to try anything. It's one of the things I fell for. And is a real bonus for me! And double bonus: fairly certain Caris takes after her Daddy in this arena.


So what I realized, in my post-vent analysis, was there is a reason this list feels more daunting than usual.



My 'fixer' is missing. Currently working a 17 day stretch of 17+ hour days, following maybe one day off, with a previous stretch of 17+ hour nights, he's at max capacity. I so admire his hard work and dedication and honestly have no idea how he is functioning in his current state. Ridiculous.




But all that to say, clearly he's in no sort of state to fulfill my lists of wants. We definitely miss him for so many reasons during these crazy times. And I guess I can embrace the 'auto-pilot' function we are currently one as a result. I'm not the one working these seriously crazy days, sleep-deprived.



So for now, I am relegated to my solution #2. The iPhone. Seriously. My picture taker, video, developer, album, reminder, catch-all. At least I have that.



Solution #1 courtesy of Solution #2. See how great they both are? I am clearly very partial to always having my #1 as his pictures are much better and well organized. But thanks to #2, I at least have a picture for this post, readily at my literal fingertips, and providing documentation of my sweet girls birthday. Both have their place, I guess.

1 comment:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Belated congratulations on your new baby boy! I am thrilled for y'al!