Thursday, October 29, 2009

Frustrations & Fits

We are in an interesting stage with Caris as of late. Lil' C is becoming increasingly interactive and participatory in her environment. She is really recognizing familiar faces and places and reacts accordingly. Smiles, laughter, and babbles all abound with clear direction to the recepient of her affections. Oh so cute and sweet.

But on the flip side, our little red head is showing her feisty side. When she is not happy about a particular instance, she will LET YOU KNOW. Take, for example, her toys. She is beginning to understand the concept of possession and has definate interest in particular toys. She recognizes when you take the toy away and if she was not ready for this, you will know about it. With a red face and purposeful scream. She is also none too happy about diaper changes these days. The instant I lay her down on her changer, red faced screams insue. This also is encountered in the area of movement. Caris is not crawling yet, but she likes to sit up and loves to scoot around. Her body just can't quite get her where she wants to be and that means she gets FRUSTRATED and can't figure out how to fix it. Oh little one, don't worry, it will happen all too soon!

Our little 'Fits' really only last a matter of seconds and can easily be redirected by delivering a change in position or a quick hug, but they are FITS indeed. I find it amusing. But I see glimpses of toddler-hood and not so sure it will remain amusing at that point... Right now, I really think it is just a by-product of increased awareness of how her environment correlates to her place in its realm and figuring out what it is that is the source of discomforts.


And this increased paritcipation does make for a very enjoyable 6 month old :) So bring on the frustrations! I love them all....




Can you imagine this sweet little face ever capable of looking anything but??

1 comment:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I understand the LOUD screams. Burst my eardrum!