Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall's Quandry...

HALLOWEEN is on it's way. And that means that creativity is on display!

Growing up, my sisters and I LOVED Halloween costumes. We would always came up with crazy ideas and our parents were just crazy enough to take on task of making our wild ideas come to life. I'm talking all sorts of projects involved to make Halloween happen. Some particularly memorable costumes: Tara as a 'gumball' - my parents constructed a red gumball out of chicken wire and fabric; Shelby as a glue stick - carboard boxes and painting (my parents are suprisingly very artistic so it looked exactly like it!); myself as the statue of liberty - proof I have always been a bit nerdy.
All that to say, I have a lot to live up to. And I'm excited for the time when Caris can provide her input and at least provide some direction to our ideas.
But this year, being our first, I was at a loss as to which creative direction to go. My creativity inspiration was diffuse and I did not know which way to venture. Plus my inspiration time was limited to internet searching at work.

The possibilities are endless.....

All sorts of animals are available for the little ones. I was particularly found of this flamingo. But my consulting teams weren't overly excited for it. Also was loving the Monarch, but they ran out of our size :(


Some funny ones...



I don't think I'm funny/cool enough to pull that one off....



Some 'girlier' ones



TONS of super cute Pumpkins


So what's a new mommy to do? Oh, the pressure. I have quasi-decided on a costume. We'll see if my decision lasts until Halloween. I did not live up to my childhood designs in either creativity or design. But, I know lil' C will be a cutie!!

1 comment:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Hey, no matter what she is, she'll look adorable. This age makes it easy!