Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Worlds Colliding and Answered Prayers

Back at work following a fabulously fun and full Labor Day weekend.


We soaked up some lakeside breezes and country air and enjoyed three very full days together as a family. Caris took a boat ride, got in some swimming, saw some fishies, and was spoiled by all her aunties. She also experienced her first crush. Looks like we may be in for it as she already has little boys vying for her affections....(check out the recap there, seriously, smiles from the little man from the second he saw Caris, ladies man already!)

We were able to see both our families, some friends, and a teeny baby which makes me very happy :) We had some spa time, took the kayak out, and got to spend plenty of time in the sun. Also things that make me very happy :)


Last week/end was overwhelmingly characterized by the above title. I think it is easy at times to get short-sighted and feel isolated, especially in the midst of a busy season of life. However, last week I was reminded in many ways just how small our world really can be and how powerfully God can work in seemingly small ways.


For some reason, I had been feeling a bit alone in my hectic daily journey. My prayers typically take on the form of thanksgiving for all of our blessings, constant prayers for protection for our little one, and prayers for comfort for others. But this week, I found myself asking very specific requests in my prayers that were, I felt, somewhat silly. (I will spare the specifics, becuase they are, in fact, a little silly)


Having worlds collide served as a reminder that our needs, no matter how small, are important to God and that He is faithful to provide for the desire of our hearts. And, I might add, very creative in doing so.


To exemplify, currently Garrett is on a surgery service here at MDACC where I work. I did not have high expectations to get to see him due to the nature of his service, but our worlds indeed collided and I caught glimpses of him wandering the halls, was able to provide him with free food, and we were able to have a quick lunch together.


Another instance occurred upon running into a mom of one of Caris' 'classmates' in the nursing mothers room here at work. Then again there, then on one of the hospital floors, then again at the school. We shared some good mommy tips :) I am glad to have a connection there.


At dinner at Horseshoe Bay this weekend, during desert I see a familiar face enter the restaraunt. One of my best college friends, Martha, was there celebrating her first anniversary. What a sweet surprise. I have missed our conversations on solving the worlds problems.


The location of our 'Spa-Athalon' with my family also allowed us to expand our trip with a visit to Garrett's family and also to visit with some of our good friends Matt & Kelley and meet their new baby Brooks. I felt thankful that we were able to 'collide' so many elements. Spending quality time with family is always a direct encouragement. We both came home happy and rejuvinated.

So, a quick re-cap and a little spiritual musing, sans photos for now :)

No comments: