Our life with sweet Caris has been beautiful. From day one, I have felt a new array of emotions associated with parenthood. The most prevalent has been the overwhelming sense of love and devotion to our little one. Joy with each glimpse of her sweet little face, bright eyes, and little smile. Such helplessness associated with my inability to protect her to the degree I hope too which also translates to increased trust and faith in God to impart his protection on our little family. Uncertainty as to how best to care for Caris' needs....which is where our lessons are learned. 
Every day, hour even, I feel we learn new things about how to parent our little girl. What she needs, what she likes, what works to comfort her. It is such a learning process trying to figure this all out. We try something, see if it works, then try something else. We are starting to get the hang of things but I have no doubt that this is indicative of parenthood in general. Caris is learning too. Together we are figuring things out, hour by hour.

Some things we've learned thus far:
Caris is an alert little girl who seems to always be wondering what the next thing is on the agenda. She loves to be 'sitting up' or looking out, checking out her new world. She likes to be held outside under the trees and she checks everything out in her yard. We have figured out to take her out there when she is awake and wanting to move. Caris loves music and loves to dance with her Daddy; it always comforts her in her fussy times so it's a go to move. Her favorite dance move is the 'spin'. Little girl does NOT like her diaper changed or her clothes changed, we are learning to do this things quickly to lessen the disturbance. One very memorable diaper change resulted in three messy diapers, two outfit changes, a dirty changing pad, and a screaming baby. We learned. Caris likes to 'move it move it'; she loves her car seat, stroller, and walks. She likes to learn and stares at her art cards intently. We are still learning how to sleep - Caris likes to be held and patted because her tummy often hurts. We just purchased the 'Moby' sling (the BEST!!) which keeps her held close and she seems to like to work out with mommy. We have learned very specific tricks with nursing and digestive issues, but I will spare you from those dirty details.....

Most importantly, I have learned patience. With nursing, crying, keeping the house together, patience and flexibility are key. Caris definately has her own little personality and likes/dislikes. We are figuring it out little by little! We still have to get down schedules and sleeping, but we are working on it. Still have many many lessons to learn.



2 comments:
Beautiful Pictures, Beautiful writing, Beautiful baby girl. Thank you for sharing!! xoxo
She sounds like a bright, inquisitive little girl. I pray every morning for patience before I get out of bed. I really think it's what parents need the most. Or maybe I'm just that short on it? :) And here's a fun baby tip I will pass on from our neighbor that helped us so much with Sophia who also liked motion - the exercise ball. If your legs get tired from bouncing or dancing you can sit on this and bounce for awhile. Something I never would have thought of but very effective - it soothed her everytime.
Post a Comment