(yes, I totally left Caris in her pajamas on a weekend morning and let her pair them with a tutu and rain boots and - her choice, clearly - then play outside for a few hours. hey, it worked. but I won't even tell you what my outfit looked)
And to the title point.....
We've been introducing the Please and Thank yous from the outset. I'm sure most parents know the drill. A little modeling, a little insistence, etc. Caris began with utilizing sign language for please, which too be honest, I didn't quite pick up that was what she was doing for awhile.....that's good parenting right there. And then the 'thank you' was a bit delayed in usage.
So this morning, during our little daily commute, an opportunity arose from a little grape sharing to instill some Ps and Qs.
Caris, say please if you want another grape.
PEEASSEE (with the sign still utilized, the same when she asks for more)
And then what do you say when someone gives you what you ask for?
Silence.
Say Thank you!
Thank you!!
And then, Mommy says Your welcome!
And the rest of grape-sharing was repetition. That went like this....
Pleaaase more grapes Mommy!
And after someone gives you what you ask for? Now what do you say?
Thank you! I Welcome!!!
Not the intended lesson, but apparently now the thank you is now always immediately followed by 'I Welcome!'
I'm guessing she'll figure it out. But for now, we will take a W with our Ps and Qs.
Which, incidentally, are three of Caris' favorite letters? Along with O and S. Caris LOVES naming her letters.
Okay, random post. Concluded.
Perhaps I will have a post with real pictures and coherency soon.
No promises.




1 comment:
CUTE!
Post a Comment