Thursday, October 7, 2010

Potty party

This week's edition of Thursdays with Caris also marks a milestone.

The Potty.

Apparently, this week Caris is interested in the potty. And toilet paper.

After following me into my bathroom the other day, lil C takes off quickly and purposefully.

I find her in the hall bathroom, toilet paper in hand, lid lifted on her mini-potty, and attempting to pull down her pants. Too funny.

So I help her accomplish her intended goal.

Apparently, Caris also really likes toilet paper. And blowing her nose while on the potty.

After a discussion on what constitutes 'dirty' in terms of toilet paper use, Caris apparently also likes throwing the TP away and asking for more.

And so there she sits, on her little potty, toilet paper in hand, happy as can be.

So for a few days, this is what we do.

Caris wanders into the bathroom, repeats above process, and just hangs out.

So last night, I could tell she needed to 'go potty'. And so I asked her if she would like to do so on her potty.

Wouldn't you know, she marched right into her bathroom, grabs her some toilet paper, raises the lid on her potty, and pulls down her pants.

And then to my complete surprise, she was successful at the potty mission!! Way to go lil C!!!

So then she throws applicable materials away, closes the lid, and goes to wash her hands. All on her own.

Such a big girl we have these days!

Anyways, so I guess we are potty training. Or something along those lines. Although I think we will take it slow.

Advice welcome!!!