Monday, August 16, 2010

Shopaholic

This little lady loves clothes. Lucky for her, so do her grandma's and aunties. Lucky for lady's momma too. Grandma Machita sent down several boxes of 'new school clothes' for lil' C and she went crazy! Crazy, like good. not crazy like bad. you know. She wanted to hold ALL of them and kept hugging her new clothes. And also eating the tags. Yumm.

Pretty. Caris has become quite opinionated about what she wants to wear these days. Which makes getting ready for school extra fun as you might imagine. But the girl literally lights up and shy smiles so sweetly when chosen attire is adorned and she feels 'so pretty'. She particularly loves it when her Daddy thinks it is 'so pretty'

We've got our back-to-school outfit picked out, cleaned, and ironed (or my version of ironed which means I used the refresh button on my dryer). We're ready to head back to school in style! Don't you remember the excitement of new school clothes every year and picking out a new outfit every day? Fun times. We are initiating Caris into that tradition early :)

ummm.....can you say sticker shock?? Thanks again Machita!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Such a cute post! I'm actually working on a post about Sophia and clothes too. It must be a girl thing because Sophia is obsessed with her clothes! I love that last picture of Caris. As I've said before - love her hair!

lindsey said...

Sooo cute!!!
That last picture---sticker shock-LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

She's so cute- I love that she gets a thrill out of her Daddy thinking she's so pretty...that's sweet.

tarawhite said...

Love this! She learned from the best :) I can see it now, her & her machita shopping the day away! Cant wait to see all those pretty clothes C!

C and G said...

Thanks guys :)