Friday, June 4, 2010

A Nose Knows

What a Knows nose. What a nose knows is nose. (is that how that goes???)

In the past few weeks, Caris' development can be summarized by the fact that now, she KNOWS.

It's like all the sudden, all the little things she has been acquiring and storing in her little brain have just clicked and become working knowledge. I've seen little glimpses the past few months; such as asking her to drink her milk and she in turn does just that.

But lately, it downright surprises me to see her response to my inquiries as so appropriate.

Check out our little video to see a sampling of what I mean.....


Things I had no idea she even knew; like how to put on a purse or what sunglasses are. Which by the way, if I were to have to chose a favorite Caris activity this week, it would be purses. Anything item she can put over her shoulder that resembles a bag, she does with great gusto. That and putting crayons in a box....

It's just astounding to me to watch the learning process develop. Putting knowledge to use without direct intervention.

She does so many things on command right now; you may have noticed that demonstrated in the last video when asked to do her 'cutie shrug' :) Which incidently is my ultimate favorite Caris move right now. She developed this little habit on the plane of coyly shrugging and smiling at all the passengers; we subsequently dubbed it the cutie shrug. And now she LOVES a cutie shrug.

And when Garrett and I randomly asked Caris where her ear was the other day, wouldn't you know, she pointed right to it. On repeated requests.

And she Knows her Nose.

1 comment:

lindsey said...

LOL LOL!!!!! I LOVE THIS!!
Caris, you are probably reading this--you are so adorable and so smart.
Love you sweet girl