When G came home and asked how the day was, I was happy to announce
'It was a Perfect Day'
Yes, the perfection was highlighted by a FULL day of nothing but Caris and punctuated by some time with G in the evening.
But what I was referring to was a bit more superficial.
I had the kind of day where all things went our way:
Caris slept until 7:30. A perfect time to start our day.
She fed herself breakfast, which allowed me to finish some much needed kitchen chores.
Lil C took her nap at the perfect time and for the perfect length; I had plenty of time to shower and get ready before our appointment.
Her eating schedule was appropriately timed to meet our days needs (pre-appointment feeding, pre-playdate, etc.)
We hit ALL the GREEN lights on our drive to the doctor. (In the Houston med center!!)
We found a parking spot on the first floor right next to the elevator (In the Houston med center!!)
We were EARLY to our appointment, and seen right away.
Caris napped right before our time with friends. Equals HAPPY Caris.
I share things because I REALLY appreciate these things.
The moments where all goes right.
Because typically, we are a 'two-poopy-diapers-on-the-way-out-the-door-all-bundled-up-forget-(insert neccesary item)-running-10 minutes-behind-slightly-off-schedule-never-quite-ready-and-hit-lots-of-traffic' kind of operation.
And I am thankful for those days. For the imperfections. For the joy we find in each moment. For the chaos and the crazy.
Each day is perfect, in it's own right. Don't get me wrong.
But I was especially happy to have that PERFECT DAY.
We need those every once in awhile to handle the chaos that typically comes.
And it supports my theory that our Caris has a little of Lady Luck on her side :)

Truly, how can any day with this face be anything but perfection??



1 comment:
Oh, amen...I totally agree that GOOD SLEEP is so perfection for me, lady!!!
Post a Comment