Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tiny Dancer

Baby Caris loves to dance....


Music really gets her moving! Her first substantially felt movements coincide with my introduction to this cute little personality trait of our baby girl. As I was driving home from work one day, a Colbie Caillat song started playing. Naturally, I cranked up the volume and suddenly felt little Caris kicking away! I was pretty excited to finally feel her kicking and happily enjoyed her little movements. The song ended and Caris settled back down. I decided to try an experiment and turned the song on again......right away she started to dance!

Of course I excitedly called big Daddy G to let him know I thought his little girl inherited his love for music and quite possibly her momma's sweet dancing moves. Lucky girl : ) Garrett was excited to try out the same experiment when we arrived home and Caris did not disappoint! As soon as her favorite new song came on, she joined in with her dancing shoes.


Initially I just attributed this cute little phenomenon to coincidence. However, Caris continues to prove her love for music. And that she has pretty good taste in her musical selections. Her favorite artists currently consist of The Stars, Imogen Heap, Colbie Caillat, Tori Amos, Jason Mraz, and Leona Naes (the new playlist is in honor of Caris). Almost everytime one of her favorite songs starts playing, the girl starts grooving. When a family member wants to feel her move, we turn on the tunes. It's pretty cute!



Lucky for little Caris, her dad has quite the musical repertoire already in place for her. Caris has several playlists on her I-pod ranging from 'Playtime' to 'Naptime'. Some of our favorite new finds came courtesy of Uncle Bobby in the form of these great lullaby renditions of Coldplay! We can't wait until she arrives so we can see her dance in person :)


Yesterday was a hard day for Caris and her mom. I came home and decided to treat her with her own personal jam session. Garrett let us use his good headphones and I put them on where I assumed to be her little ears. Last nights favorite dance selections included: (of course...a Caris staple) Colbie Calait - Bubbly, Macy Gray - I Can't Wait to Meetchu, and she particularly enjoyed dancing to The Streets (I figured white, European rap is okay to play for my little girl, right? cultural diversity and all?).


She danced her way to sleep......




We love our Tiny Dancer!

2 comments:

tarawhite said...

seriously, you should be a writer. WRITE A BOOK! Your cleverness and passion never cese to amaze me. You words are always moving! I can't wait to meet our little "tiny dancer" we will have uncle bobby show her some seet moves! Love you and love my little baby Caris!

Graham and Storey said...

YAY! I am so happy to see you join the wide world of blogging so we can watch sweet Caris grow! Cambell was a dancer, too :) I STILL miss that part of being pregnant! We can't wait to meet Caris!